Monday, January 21, 2013

Just Keep Swimming (with Dory and Nemo)


We flew into Brisbane, Australia on Thursday and then drove up to Bundaberg, where our accommodation was located. On Friday we rented a car went even more north so that we could get a chance to see the Great Barrier Reef. Jessica and I took a day tour out to Lady Musgrove Island. Which is the furthest south of the Great Barrier Reef you can go. First we took a tour of the island, which only contain birds and trees. Surprisingly the only predator the birds have are the trees, the trees have branches that will first have white little flowers, once they bloom and fall off the buds turn brown and sticky. Unfortunately the birds will get stuck in the sticky branches and eventually die because they can't get the branches out of their wings. Sad but it's the circle of life on the island. We also had the opportunity to go on a semi-submarine ride. We got to see the coral, fish, and turtles from inside the boat. Then the best part of the day, snorkelling and checking out the Great Barrier Reef. It was beautiful. If I ever have the chance to come back to Australia, I would want to go further north and scuba dive! I'll just have to add it onto my traveling list. I would show you the pictures, but I purchased a water camera using film that I need to get processed. So look for a late post in a couple of months! I forgot I had to wind the film after every picture, very strange after using today's technology where you just need to click and take the next picture.

I'm currently on a train from Brisbane going to Sydney. I have to say I have no idea how my parents took me anywhere if I was anything like these children on the train. But then again my parents wouldn't punch me in the head for crying out for attention. Not right. Another thing I'm not a fan of on airplanes or trains is sick people. Definitely when I get off the train is get some vitamin C in me. And a little advice for the guy next to me, take a shower before getting on a train that's 12 hours, you smell.

No comments:

Post a Comment