Wednesday, January 23, 2013

I couldn't find P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way...


For the past couple of days we have been visiting Sydney, Australia. After an unpleasant train ride (couldn't stay asleep, smelly person next to me, temperatures varied, and crying children) we got into Sydney at about 7 am. You could say we were a bit tired. We got to our hotel and crossed our fingers that they had a room available that we could check into early. Thankfully we got a room and decided to take a nap. After nap time, we took a tour around Sydney, learning about random facts/tours we should or shouldn't take/a bunch of things I would've never known (and most Australians probably don't know either). We took a ferry over to Darling Harbour (yes that is the correct spelling Australians have, favor is spelled favour and color is spelled colour) to eat at the Hard Rock Cafe and enjoy some American food. 

The next day we headed to the Sydney Opera  House for a tour. Nothing we really wanted to see was playing so we passed, plus saved us some money. The tour was extremely informative and explained the opera house's construction and history. Originally they projected it would cost $7 million and take only 3 years, but that estimate was way off. It took $120 million and 15 years to finally finish. I won't tell you too much about it because it is something you should do if you go to Sydney. I am a huge fan of The Ellen Show, what are the chances that they would be filming a small segment from Australia on the steps in front of the opera house the same day I'm there? Slim to none, but it happened! Apparently she was choosing 4 Australians to fly to the USA. People were going crazy! After the tour we headed to the beach! We caught a ferry over to Manly Beach and I spent the afternoon over there. Lucky for me it started to look like it was going to rain after several hours being there. I took it as a sign to get out of the sun! Good thing I did, many hours later I found my sunburn, not too bad though! When I wrote this blog post I was on my flight to Bali, so you could understand it wasn't the most comfortable flight because of the sunburn. But it was worth it. The beach was beautiful, the sand was extremely soft, water cold but refreshing. If I could tan I would've been there a lot longer. Overall Sydney was a cool city, I think I even like it more than Melbourne. The city is a little more industrial/dirtier than Melbourne (still cleaner than NYC), but it was in a convenient location close to all the tourist sites (found the Lindt store there too), transportation to the beach was direct, and even the people were nicer. Didn't find P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way though. 





No comments:

Post a Comment