Thursday, November 8, 2012

Land of Oz


I started the day off yesterday wondering around the neighborhood since I woke up at 4 am due to a dandy thing called jetlag. Then I headed over to where I would be working to take another glance. On my way, I passed two streets I was hoping to see, Victoria Street and Alexandra Parade (both of my sisters' names). Later on I also took a little trip into the city. I will say it is so clean, it puts NYC to shame with cleanliness. I feel like I need to invest in a new wardrobe while I am here. They have SO many cute clothing stores, as well as small/artsy boutiques and restaurants surrounding the city. Something I need to get used to though is that a lot of the stores are only open from 10-5, with the exception of some cafes opening earlier for breakfast and some bars/restaurants opening later and closing later. While visiting the city, I got to purchase my first Australian chocolate bar, which was called Boost (Cadbury Milk Chocolate with Caramel and Crunchies). I wouldn't be surprised if I purchased another one in the near future.


Today however I checked out of my shoebox of a hotel/hostel this morning and waited a lovely hour to finally catch a cab. Forget that I had the hotel call 3 times, I finally flagged down my own cab (NYC skills). Now I am currently staying at the Home@Hoodle. Where I am actually staying in a hostel. There are Germans, Italians, an Argentinean, and some others I haven't met here at the moment. Right now Nicole and I have our own room, but there is space for 2 more. Hopefully we have it to ourselves until we can find another place to live. That's what I've been doing all day, looking for somewhere else to live, because even though the people are nice, there are VERY thin walls and my cleaning ocd has definitely kicked in here. It is like I am back in college, sharing a bathroom with a bunch of strangers, sharing a bedroom, and living areas. Tonight should be interesting though, we are having a kangaroo roast! Might as well take every opportunity I can. Where else would I be able to taste that? Time to organize and continue the hunt of somewhere else to live! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment