Monday, November 12, 2012

Did you see the kangaroo on the street??

Yummy Cheesecake!
Today was my first day of work at Cake Indulgence or also known as Cakes for Corporates. It was a long, but great first day at my new job. Today the company was a little understaffed so I ended up helping out with the production side of things! Tomorrow I should be back to where I belong with cake decorating, but no worries I had a lot of fun on the other side. First I started off with garnishing/finished 200 muffins and then packaged them for an order, then scooped about another 200 cupcakes to be baked. After that add on another 200 or so cheesecake pans that I prepped and put the crumb layer on the bottom for a large order that is for tomorrow. Now that I type it, this doesn't seem too much. Add in a half hour break with my pb&j sandwich and that was my work day. Of course you have to add in that it was one of my bosses birthday and in celebration, I got to take home a cheesecake! I wish it was their birthday more often, more free products would be great! This is also the boss who likes to joke around with me, hence the title of this post "did you see the kangaroo in the street?". You have to understand that we are located right outside the city of Melbourne, so of course there are no wild kangaroos jumping around (I wish there were though). So now I joke back saying "Oh yeahh, they are giving me a lift home after work". The search for a new room to rent is going on. I'm thinking next post I might talk about all the differences I've seen here in Australia compared to what I'm used to in the USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment