Sunday, December 9, 2012

Wrong side of the road!?!?

So guess who took the opportunity to drive in Australia?? ME! I think I have fulfilled my driving limit here, I have driven on local streets, in the city, and on the motorway (as they call the highway). Not sure if I was supposed to/allowed to be driving, but you only get the chance once and I couldn't turn it down! Let me just say how strange it was for me to drive on the other side of the road. Little story from when I was first learning how to drive, my mom took me to the elementary school's parking lot. I was so nervous about taking the wheel that I began laughing and couldn't stop. Well I had that moment again today. I'm not going to lie, I was excited, but extremely nervous that I would drive on the wrong side of the road, so I began laughing in the parking lot when I got behind the wheel. However I did stop laughing because I had to focus on the road. Obviously I did okay since I am typing this blog about it. No injuries or car crashes, I am happy to report!

Today Jessica and I went on a little bit of an adventure. First we took a trip to St. Kilda Beach to have some lunch and wander around. Its right on the water and has a boardwalk filled with shops, restaurants, and a small amusement park. We then took a small road trip to Brighton Beach, which is known for their colorful bathhouses along the beach. Of course whenever I have a day off, the weather is not the hot summer day I would like. Nope, those hot days are reserved for when I am working a long day. It was a windy day at the beach today, but the bathhouses were definitely a sight to see. So colorful! For our last stop we went to the town of Geelong to look at the beautiful scenery. It was a breath of fresh air compared to the city. We also passed the "Meredith Bakery and Cafe"! Maybe I should go ask them for a job! Cheers.





No comments:

Post a Comment