Tuesday, March 26, 2013

On to Bigger and Better Things!

Unfortunately, I don't belong at The Culinary Institute of America anymore. I had yesterday and today off, so I took the opportunity to visit some friends before moving out to the Hamptons. I got to meet my old boss' beautiful new baby, hang out with old co-workers, see friends working at school, and relax with friends, but unfortunately being back made me feel like I didn't belong. I never cried or looked back the day I graduated at the CIA. I guess it's hitting me now instead. The school has changed and so have I. The people I walked through the halls with, studied with, worked with, spent most of my time with are no longer there. It's not my home anymore. That chapter of my life is really over and now its time to just take a leap of faith (like bungee jumping).

This leap of faith is including my new job at Topping Rose House in Bridgehampton, New York. It is a luxurious hotel and restaurant that has only been open since August. The kitchen is under the direction of Tom Colicchio (Top Chef's Judge) and is also a "farm to table" operation. We have an acre of land where we grow some produce and then buy from local farms on Long Island. Currently the restaurant is only open for dinner Wednesday through Sunday and brunch just Saturday and Sunday. However the hotel is supposed to be officially opening in April. I am excited to have this opportunity to work in this kitchen. Cross your fingers for me!



No comments:

Post a Comment